Monday, October 13, 2025

Name: Raghavi G

Project 1: Ice breaker speech

Title: Person behind the scenes

Time: 3 - 4 Minutes

---------------

Good afternoon everyone,

Introduction

My name is Raghavi and I am very delighted to be able to give my first speech here.

I am 11 years old and in Grade 7. I was born in Chennai a little early than my parents expected me to be.  My mother says I looked like a beautiful red apple with two sparkling eyes.

Parents

My mother’s name is Aparna, a Bangalorean and father’s name is Ganapathy, a Chennaite.  I spent my initial month in Bangalore and came back to Chennai in summer.  My mother is a working professional and spent good time with me and then joined back office. I missed her so much in the day that I never let her sleep and only cuddle me all night.

School

Time passed and I joined school, which is only 100 metres from her office and so you know how close I am to my mom.

I started reading and writing alphabets and then came the longest vacation for all of us. Well, are you thinking about vacation for all? Oh, I meant the Covid- 19 lockdown.

It was best time for me since, I don’t have to go to school, initially no homework, and so much screentime.

My parents started working from home and I also contributed my share by sitting on their lap and undid their tasks. I grew up with my mom’s colleagues as my first friends who always be very happy to see me on screen and ask me rhymes.

Later came the misfortune of school reopening and I missed them so much. I found it hard at first since we had to write so much and I cried so much due to pain in my arms. It was endless and so many recitals, competitions, test and exams.

Eventually school introduced many sports, and we felt relieved and that went on till Grade 5. My mother thought, I am being so happy enjoying all freedom and changed me to a different school.

Friends, Hobbies, Sports

I really missed my old friends and most of them relocated to different places as well. Now after two years in this school, I have made new friends, developed hobbies like drawing, singing and started to learn Sanskrit and Slokas.

I love participating in volleyball, kho-kho, dodgeball and many other games. I also love cycling and sometimes ride in main roads with my parents in early mornings.

Personal Interests

I also developed book reading habit after going through some books my mother reads and hence got a library membership for me. I now read many storybooks and let my parents take care of my school textbooks.

My parents help me in studying during my exams and we spend a lot of time playing, discussing, fighting and crying during exams.

Recently, I have developed interests in cooking and learned to make Rasam, Dosa, making Coffee/Tea for my parents.

I would like to develop many skills and added public speaking to the list this year. I wish to be a confident speaker and overcome my fear and able to learn more vocabulary

Thank you

---------------

Ice Breaker Speech – Details
Time Limit: 3–4 minutes

Purpose: The Ice Breaker speech is your first step in public speaking. It’s an opportunity for members to get to know you and for you to build confidence speaking in front of an audience.

Suggested Topics to Include:

  • Your background and upbringing

  • Hometown and culture

  • Family

  • School or college life

  • Friends and memorable moments

  • Favorite food, sports, or movies

  • Hobbies and interests

  • Personal experiences that shaped you

Tip: Speak from the heart, keep it simple, and let your personality shine.

Wishing you all the very best.
Your voice matters the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name:  Harshini Shree S Project 2: Structured Speech  Title:  Personality Types Time: 4 - 5 Minutes ------------- I have two friends. Let’s ...